Separating or Divorcing, Part 3 (Part 2 is FULL)
- Join the Club...and Share Your Story
- Books for the Betrayed
- Share Your Story: Finding Out, Part 4 (3 is full!!...
- Share Your Story: Multiple Affairs PART 2
- Stupid S#*t Cheaters Say
- Just found out? Share your story...
- Finding Out, Part 5 (Please post here. Part 4 is f...
- Separating or Divorcing, Part 3 (Part 2 is FULL)
- Separating or Divorcing? Share your thoughts here....
- Feeling Stuck Part 20
- Feeling Stuck? Part 21
Sunday, April 18, 2010
If You Knew Then What You Know Now
Thing is, I like where I am right now. Despite the pain I've gone through, thanks to my husband's betrayal, I feel more solidly "me" than ever before. Perhaps it's not "in spite of" but because of the pain I've gone through.
That said, I wonder sometimes what advice I would give to my younger self. Is there a way to achieve wisdom and compassion for self and others without going through a painful journey?
Would I tell myself to go left when my not-yet-husband is approach from the right? Would I warn myself against taking chances in order to play it safe? What, exactly, have I learned that I could offer up the former me?
It's a tough question to answer...and frankly, I'm not sure answering is as important as considering the question.
What about you, BWC readers? What hard-won lessons would you offer up to your younger you? Or do you believe that the only lessons that last are those we bear the scars of earning?