Thursday, February 14, 2019

You are lovable, you are enough, you are more than just a Hallmark Holiday

Get yourself a miniature horse! Better than the ass you married. 
I woke up to this beautiful note from StillStanding1 today. It was so sweet and thoughtful that I wanted to share it here because I know that a whole of you struggle with this day.

Here it is:
Good morning lovely people, I just wanted to send you a quick note on this day, which can be a difficult day. I wanted to remind you all that you are loved, that you deserve kindness and care, and that there are amazing people out in the world who value and respect you right where you are.
Today is probably a day for radical self-care, if ever there was one. 
Let’s break out our revenge ponies (or tigers) and ride (well maybe not the pony and tiger groups together. I have a  feeling that might end badly)!

I hope you'll all recognize the truth in SS1's words and take her advice to heart. Radical self-care. Deep self-love. Revenge ponies or tiger-riding (take your pick!!). 

Love,

Elle

6 comments:

  1. For those that don't know the reference, one of our lovely BWC sisters talked about getting ponies for herself after finding out about her husband's infidelity. We all agreed that revenge ponies were a good idea.
    And when you come over to the separating and divorce page, you get a tiger to ride out of the circus tent and leave all the crazy behind. (But anyone is welcome to saddle up and ride with us any time they want). hugs. SS1

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rarely celebrated Valentine's Day and now that I know about my husband's secret life of 35 plus years I suspect part of it was his own knowledge of his cheating. When the kids were little I of course helped them with their school events but I never internalized this as a special day. I still don't so I'm pretty immune to the mushy meaning some I know have put on this. For everyone who is suffering today, please give yourself a big hug for hanging in there. I'd send each and every one of you a chocolate heart if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SS1 - thank you for the clarification on Revenge Ponies! LOL my mind completely went another direction with that one ... and let me tell you ... some days I love a good revenge fantasy!

    V-Day. It once was a day where I showered HIM with love. This year – I once again struggled with purchasing a card - but progress is that unlike last year, I managed to get in and out of the store without tears. How do you buy a card expressing love to someone who isn’t Mr. Wonderful, the perfect husband ... ?

    I ended up picking up a card that was in a section for “Someone Special” … “My life just wouldn’t be the same without you in it … You’re part of so many of my happiest memories. I hope you know how special you will always be to me.”

    The safest card I could find. Because yes … my life would NOT be the same without him in it - in the present and the past. He truly is part of my happiest memories - 19 years of them. And he will always be special to me because he assisted in creating 3 amazingly wonderful children.

    Come on February 15 ... you can get here at anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs for the strongest warrior among us! More hugs for those of us who feel like we’re just barely hanging on! ❤️♥️💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will give him credit for actually being nice yesterday. I was in major trigger mode, but immersed myself in work and came home exhausted. But would it be okay to send a revenge bull to her house to wreak mayhem and havoc? And leave a present on her bed? A girl can dream! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails