There's a wonderful, intelligent discussion of this going on at www.wowOwow.com, a site for women that boasts such heavy-hitters as Lesley Stahl (60 Minutes) and gossip columnist Liz Smith. Check it out, then weigh in: Do you think these women are being used? Or is it more complicated than that? Would you assess their situation differently if you hadn't experienced infidelity in your own life? Let us know....
- Join the Club...and Share Your Story
- Share Your Story: Multiple Affairs? FULL: POST IN PART 2
- Share Your Story: Finding Out (Part 3)
- Books for the Betrayed
- Share Your Story: Finding Out, Part 4 (3 is full!!...
- Feeling Stuck: Part 11 (FULL. PLEASE POST IN PART 12.)
- Feeling Stuck: Part 12 (FULL. PLEASE POST IN PART 13)
- Feeling Stuck: Part 13 (Just...wow. Keep on postin...
- Share Your Story: Multiple Affairs PART 2
Saturday, October 10, 2009
The Good Wife? The Smart Wife? Or the Just-Trying-To-Figure-It-Out Wife...
It's likely no coincidence that a fall season pilot, CBS's The Good Wife, features the wife of a politician, who's been exposed (ha!) for adultery on YouTube. Certainly a case of art imitating life. However, the notion that those who stand by their man (thanks Loretta!) are doormats, political props or worse may not be even close to the truth. As most of us have learned the hard way, we don't really know what's going on in other people's lives, even those close to us.