Thursday, October 1, 2009

Is Elizabeth Edwards' bashing the Other Woman in HuffPo blog posts?

The blogosphere is abuzz with rumors that cancer-stricken, kicked-when-she-was-down yet highly resilient Elizabeth Edwards has taken to blog-bashing her husband's former Other Woman. She's reputedly blogging under the name Cherubim, a "friend" reported.
Whether or not this is true (highly unlikely given that Cherubim has posted passionately about being a Michael Jackson fan, and I find it hard to believe Elizabeth Edwards has a whole lot of time on her hands to wax poetic about the King of Pop), it reflects our culture's fascination with adultery...and the drama that frequently ensues.
The Edwards' saga has all the elements the public loves – a handsome, powerful husband; a sick, loyal wife; a manipulative "other woman"...even an enabling assistant.
We sit back with a bowl of popcorn and watch the drama unfold.
Unless you've lived it.
To those of us who know all too intimately Elizabeth Edwards' pain, there's nothing compelling about their story. It's heart-wrenching. We know how excruciating it is to endure such betrayal in relative privacy. To have it played out on the world stage -- when battling cancer -- seems cruel beyond words.

2 comments:

  1. I am happily divorced. The other woman did me a favor -- she took my problem and now he is her problem. After five years of struggling in a horrible marriage I came to the realization that he was not a lovable man and I no longer loved him -- then I left.
    However, it's funny my mother always said cheating is not a reason to leave -- she was from a different generation. I suppose cheating is not a reason to leave if the cheater is willing to work through the issues that led him or her to cheat. As for Elizabeth Edwars, I do not envy her. She is struggling with a disease that probably will take her life, hopefully she will be able t forgive her husband -- as long as he is ready to be forgiven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right that when a marriage is already horrible, adultery can simply be the catalyst to move on to a better life. I feel sorry for many of the women of my mother's generation who felt they couldn't leave -- for financial or social reasons. No-one should be in a marriage that doesn't honor them and their dignity.
    I'm glad you've found happiness. And I'm glad you found our "club".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails